Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hydration - the Ultimate Sports Drink? Water!

I think hydration is one of the most overlooked aspects of health and fitness. Especially now when everyone is worried about what energy drink to take before training, what supplements to take, what pre- peri- and post-workout beverage is optimal, blah blah blah..

Here's a clue - forget high sugar, high caffine energy drinks -- water wins hands-down everytime.

Take it from a self-proclaimed iced coffee addict. In the past couple of months I have taken to filling my awesome 32 oz. beer mug (don't sweat it, on the weekends it gets filled with a good Belgian ale or Magic Hat!) with clean, filtered water and drinking it first thing in the morning. I usually squeeze the juice of an organic lemon or lime in it and throw a tablespoon or two of raw apple cider vinegar in there as well (the lime / lemon juice and raw apple cider vinegar help to alkalize the body among other things), and use it to wash down the 2g. of blue green algae I replaced my generic multi-vitamin with.

Usually, after downing the 32 oz. glass of water with the lemon and raw apple cider vinegar, I refill the mug-this time with filtered water only-and drink as I am finishing getting ready to head to work.

This simple method ensures I start my day with a half-gallon of clean, fresh water and get the benefit of some organic lemon juice and raw apple cider vinegar as well.

Try it! You will notice a HUGE difference in what starting your day off properly hydrated instead of dehydrated does for you!

Say no to the man-made energy drinks and yes to the nature-made energy drink; clean, fresh water!

Stay thirsty my friends...

-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment